Search This Blog

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Rereads and The Lord of the Frickin' Rings

As I mentioned in my first post, I have read a few of these books already, and I intend to re-read all of them when their turn comes, except for possibly one.

The Lord of the Rings.

Now don't get me wrong, I actually really enjoyed reading the Lord of the Rings.  The world the Tolkien creates is incredible, and his attention to detail is unmatched.  He created his own freakin' language, for crying out loud!  But reading the Lord of the Rings is actually reading 3 books, or even 6 depending on how you break it down.  It is also a work I have already read multiple times, and don't want to get bogged down in it again, at least right now.  It is also a work that recently was released as a major motion picture trilogy (if you haven't heard of them, I will pause now so you can smack yourself), which I have seen multiple times and find it hard to seperate the literature from the film.  I may not skip it enitrely, but if it is one of the first books that pops up in my randomizer, I will at the very least, push it back.  I may hold off reading it as the cherry on top of this project, as book #100.  Or if the Hobbit film ever gets rolling, I may read them in anticipation for its' release, we will see.

Just a friendly heads up that I have already started creating exceptions to my own rules.  It is my project, don't judge me!

No comments:

Post a Comment